I’m on my way this morning to Nashville for a “Think Tank” with Lifeway Christian Resources. We will be discussing curriculum for children, students, and adults. I’m really excited to be a part of this process.
I have shared and taken ideas from so many of you that read this blog. You write, create, and implement curriculum that is working in your context. As we dream and talk about curriculum at this “Think Tank”, I would love to hear from you about what works, what doesn’t work, and what pieces you would include in your ideal curriculum.
If you’d like your ideas included in this meeting, please leave a comment to one or all of the following questions:
- What does your dream curriculum look like?
- What balance of small group and large group to you believe works best?
- What topics are most important for each age group (preschool, elementary, preteen, student, college, adults)?
- If you could teach through a book of the Bible to the above age groups, which book would you choose?
- What is the best way to teach through a book of the Bible (verse-by-verse, chapter summary with key verses, main points/themes of the book, etc)?
- When looking to purchase curriculum, what is one factor that makes or breaks it for you?
- Do you prefer curriculum to offer a scripted teaching plan, a teaching outline, or a study guide for teachers to create their own lesson?
Feel free to leave another and all other thoughts that you feel are important to consider!